Corporate Peon: Flip the Switch


Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Flip the Switch

It's like someone flipped my inner toggle and now I'm back to the depressed, angry, cryptic girl I was a few months ago. I don't know why or when, but there's definitely been a shift in my attitude during the past week. I'm lethargic; I'm lazy; I lack motivation to clean, cook, put things away, run... I always read in bed before turning out the light; last night, I had about 3 pages left in the magazine but found myself dropping it from sheer exhaustion.

I was cooking dinner naked (tmi?) last night and set the smoke detector off. I couldn't for the life of me get the damn thing to stop squawking; it went on for so long I pulled my bathrobe on, afraid my maintenance guy-neighbor would come knocking. I pulled the battery out and like the episode of Friends I watched yesterday (how prophetic), the damn thing kept beeping at me. I was near tears. There's no reason to be as upset as I was.

I'm fighting it as best I can: tonight I'll be listening to music while I cook and bake.

I don't know if it's because the weather has suddenly turned cold; I don't know if it's because I'm mentally unstimulated for 8 hours at work; I don't know if it's because just because I cycle through periods of depression, and oh look! it's time for another one.

I don't know the reasons behind it, but it sucks.


Powered by Blogger